Registration for the 2017 Winter Session is now open!
We have two sessions during each year: A Fall session (Sep-Dec), and Winter session (Jan-April). Skaters are welcome to join at any time if there is space. Please contact us if you’d like an email when registration is available.
If you’re interested is joining us, please take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions area first; many things you’re probably wondering about, including equipment, fees, and so forth, are addressed there.
Skaters can join though out the season as well depending on availability of positions.
Please also make sure that we’ve reviewed our Expectations with your skater. Check our Calendar page for dates, including the first few sessions where we deal with paperwork, payments and other formalities. Can’t make the signup, or questions about space? Contact us at email@example.com
- The registration fee is $129.
- The registration fee can be pre-paid using a credit card here: Pay via Square. We will also accept checks, credit cards and cash at the first few practice sessions.
- Practices will be on Wednesdays.
- The winter session will start on Wednesday, January 18th and run for 13 weeks, ending on April 19th.
- Practice times will be as follows (these times may be adjusted during the session):
- Beginning skaters will start at 6:00 and skate until 6:45
- Intermediate skaters will start at 6:45 and skate until 7:45
- Advanced skaters will start at 7:30 with warm-ups in the classroom and skate from 7:45 until 9:15.
- All skaters should arrive 15 minutes before their start time in order to have time to gear up and get the maximum skating time.
- Beginning skaters should note that the armory may not be open until 5:45, so plan your arrival so you don’t end up standing around in the cold.
- The Friends and Family bout will be on Sunday, April 23rd.
- We are excited to announce that TCJRD will be the pre-show entertainment for the MNRG bout on February 4th! Details will be announced closer to the actual date.
START REGISTRATION HERE:
Please print out and fill in the following paper forms and bring them to the first session (they all need signatures – some need skater signatures, some need parent/guardian signatures, some need both. All are linked as PDFs):
- Parental Code of Conduct
- Photo Release
- Skater Code of Conduct
- Insurance Waiver and Release
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Medical Release
Please bring these to the registration session or first practice. All skaters, new and returning, need to fill out these forms.
There will be some copies of the forms available at the first few sessions.
Please be sure to read the FAQ for the list of required equipment.
We will also need:
- A copy of your skater’s birth certificate (photocopy is OK; we will need to keep this on file so don’t give us your original). If you are a returning skater we do not need a new copy.
- A photocopy of your family’s health insurance card or certificate (front AND back; we need a current copy from all skaters, new or returning). Every skater must have primary health insurance coverage. The league will also pay for a secondary insurance policy through JRDA, the Junior Roller Derby Association, a sanctioning body.
- Registration fees of $129 per session; please bring checks made out to TCJRD or pay online with the link below. We will also accept credit cards at the first few session.
- Scholarships are available based on need; please use the Contact Us link to inquire.
- We will pro-rate fees if you join in the middle of the session.
All skaters should have one black and one white TCJRD t-shirt. You can order these at the sign up session and during the first few practices.